November 29, 2006

SubSonic - Sweet!

I've been using SubSonic: The Zero Code DAL (formerly known as actionpack) for about two months now and I LOVE IT! SubSonic is a tool that helps a website build itself. Remember how long it took to write your SQL Data Access Layer? Well SubSonic takes care of all of that for you in a real-time ORM Mapping manner and even incorporates Views and Stored Procedures too!

My favorite part of SubSonic is that since I've started using it I haven't had to write ANY Data Access Layer functions at all. SubSonic takes care of everything. I can get a DataSet in my business layer by simply calling something like:

Public Function QueryAllProducts() as DataSet
Return New Query(Tables.Products).ExecuteDataSet()
End Function

That's it!! Also looking at the code you can see: Tables.Products... Yes, everything is Strongly-Typed too, even the Stored Procedures! The project is still under development but it's certainly a strong build, a few applications have already been built using SubSonic. So certainly join the community and give SubSonic a try.



Check out the 20 minute demo webcast: http://www.wekeroad.com/actionpackintro.html

kick it on DotNetKicks.com

No comments: