May 31, 2006

My Head Hurts

I close my eyes and see you there
God damnit I see you everywhere
You're laying there on the floor
Smiling so big with your glasses on
Your hair pushed up inside a bun
Seems like you're having so much fun

Sometimes these thoughts get too deep
As I pray for you every night before I sleep
These feelings only you have touched
I never asked the world for much

I can't escape these thoughts of you
These thoughts of you they're killing me
It seems there is only one escape
Unfortunately it's one I cannot take

You were sitting there taking a bath
Thinking of me with your rubber duckies
You decided to call, I remember it all
How that night I wish I didn't fall
I should have stopped and talked to you longer
Instead I had to go back to class and ponder
God damn I miss you

kick it on DotNetKicks.com

1 comment:

Alex said...

I totally know where you're going with this (I think).

Excellent poem dude, I can feel your pain as I read it.

By the way, word verification before commenting for the lose. ;)